The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a successful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014, two further meetings have been organised in Antwerp (2015) and Manchester (2016). The 4th edition will be organised in connection with the EFMC International Symposium on Advances in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ASMC 2017), and will take place at the University of Vienna, Austria on August 31 and September 1, 2017.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 4th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium will include:
- 2 keynote lectures given by Dr Christoph BOSS (Actelion Pharmaceutical, Switzerland) and Dr Peter NUSSBAUMER (Lead Discovery Center, Germany)
- 14 oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- 4 oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- 20 flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
- EFMC-YMCS Presentation Prize sponsored by EFMC & Actelion
- EFMC-YMCS Poster Prize sponsored by Molecules (MDPI) and RSC/MedChemCom
- EFMC-YMCS Public's Choice Prize sponsored by Roche
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.